SmackDaddy

The Forums will be going through a change...

SmackDaddy

We're updating the forum software (starting today) -- so keep this in mind if things aren't working or when the look of the forums change.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but appreciate your patience while we transition. 

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Regards,

SmackDaddy

• Like 1
SmackDaddy

Some new features for the new forums:

1.  "Friends" have now been converted to "Followers" -- which means it will actually serve a purpose now!  Anyone you "follow" will show up on your "All Activity Stream"  which can be found in the menu under "More" -- http://www.critfest.com/forums/index.php?/activity/

2. "Like This" for posts and statuses have been added!  So instead of the "Thank you" button, there's a more functional "Like" button!  :)

3. With this new forum theme, you can set your background to any of the four provided depending on your tastes.  These backgrounds *may* change in the future to reflect a better representation of Critfest, but we hope you like it!  

4. You will now receive forum "Notifications" for more of the activity on the forums to help you better keep track of what's new and what's hot!

5. The forum posting toolbar now has a "Spoiler" function so if you are posting something and you need to hide part of it so only those who want to see it, can....you can now do this as a built in part of the posting toolbar (i.e. it's no longer an "add-on")

6. After 50 posts, all members can now provide their own "Custom Rank" for their own enjoyment.

7. Your profile now has a custom "Cover Photo" that actually works now and your profile will also tell you your recent visitors (aka Stalkers).  

8. In your menu, after logging in, next to your name, there is a New "Create" button to allow you to easily create new topics, statuses, and calendar events.

9. When posting a reply, there is now a button you can toggle to inform you of any replies after yours (look to the bottom left opposite of your "Submit Reply" button.  Nice handy feature.

10. And since the posting box is now more of a "What you see is what you get" area, there is no longer a "Preview Post" button (this feature was removed by Invision Power Board, not us...)  

Reply to this topic and let us know what you think.....what you like, what you don't and any suggestions you may have!  Thank you!

-SmackDaddy

Edited by SmackDaddy
  • Like 6

Wow this is pretty cool. I think it's more social oriented, which is nice to reinforce the community feel. It all sounds good for now, but we'll have to see how it feels afte using it for awhile. Thanks for all the work you and Skies have done fixing up the website. It is really showing and making it become a much better system for community. 

• Like 2

The only problem I've faced so far is the banner photo on your profile. No matter the size it'll blow up the picture. I used a 1600x500 and it looks the same as 500x280 albeit a bit of fuzziness.

Edited by Argyle
  • Like 2
SmackDaddy

Will look into that Argyle.

We're also trying to get some other minor things fixed here and there (one of those things is that the reply/text area you write in, can't be resized like you used to be able to -- and the "theme" of this text area is "white" and I am looking to make it fit in more with the theme we have here) -- so.....keep an eye open for things you might see need to be fixed/modified/tweaked and let me know.

PS. Argyle -- your signature is still broken..... >.>

SmackDaddy

Skies did a lot of the polishing but thanks Alex! We're much more proud of the forums now!  I have to learn how to configure the software for the "Frontpage" and then we'll be looking better.

• Like 1