far.Skies ♡

[important] Server Box has been Wiped

far.Skies ♡
Well, our Dedi-Server provider royally screwed up and completely wiped our box, which means we're going to have to rebuild from scratch. We apologize for this inconvenience and we thank you for your patience while we work to restore the servers.

UPDATE:
"We are very sorry that this happened. The datacenter tech was just careless and did not notice the tag on the server. We are reinstalling your service with the same IP addresses now. Our billing department will be in touch with you to compensate you for lost time and data.

Again very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you."
- The Director of Operations for Premium Dedicated Servers

UPDATE 2:
"Mr. Smack, (Name Modified) 

We have been very grateful to have you be a part of our team here at PDS for over 15 months now. 

I cannot explain how upset I am with the carelessness of this technician who has caused this chaos. I am as upset, or even more so, than you. 

Needless to say, I've been in touch with the data center management and supervisors on shift to see why and how this sort of thing can occur. The data center will be providing a plan to ensure something like this never occurs again. 

Nothing I do, or say will bring back the long hours I am sure you have spent on this machine. However, we would like to compensate by providing one additional month at no cost (next invoice due December 22nd). If there is anything else myself, or our team can do to help with this process of rebuilding, please do not hesitate to contact us, I will leave this ticket open. 

We, and the data center will hold this technician accountable for the loss of a machines data today, something that shouldn't have happened if only this tech was paying attention. 

In conclusion, I will reiterate we're working closely with the data centers senior management team, along with the ownership, to prevent this from ever happening again. 

Thank you, 
Managing Director" 

UPDATE 3:
Server #1 is up and functioning, the rest will follow shortly, thank you for your patience.

UPDATE 4:
Server #2 (stock rotation - vanilla) is up and functioning, the rest will be coming as time allows for SmackDaddy to work on them, thank you for your patience.

UPDATE 5:
Server #4 (100% crit low grav) is up and functioning, thank you for your patience.

UPDATE 6:
Server #5 (100% crit arena) is up and functioning, thank you for your patience.  Also, Replays have been enabled on servers 1 and 4 now.

(We will continue to keep this thread updated with new information as it occurs until the servers are fully restored.)
SmackDaddy

I am so fucking angry right now...... *sigh*

What took me 3+ weeks to learn and configure on this linux box, I have to figure it out over this weekend.....

How the fuck can a place that sells servers and host them fuck up that bad.

Simple

Humans. It took 1 humans stupid to cause misery for several others. I wonder if the same guy did the same thing to others.

well it does come at a slight benefit. We've been given 1 month free (frankly given how stupid this was... it should be 2 months....just to really kiss ass and make up)

well it does come at a slight benefit. We've been given 1 month free (frankly given how stupid this was... it should be 2 months....just to really kiss ass and make up)

I agree. that was a royal fuck up. 

A Silly Penguin

I manage my company's datacenter - and even I have to admit that this is a pretty big fuckup to take out a whole server like that. I've had a jackass jump into our virtual console and blow away a VM he thought was being used for testing - which lead to me getting several alert emails at home and many more angry calls that he took out a major R&D file share. Even had the damn thing labeled "no touchy".

Thankfully since we're virtualized I was able to get us back up and running pretty damn fast - but my wraith on the technician was no less severe. 

Smack, I feel for you - if you haven't already, I'd bust them up for an additional month from what they are offering.

Good luck sir in the rebuild!

SmackDaddy

Thanks all.  I have backups of the configs, plugins, etc.....one of the major pains in my ass is reuploading a couple gigabytes of maps, sounds, materials, models, etc.... *sigh*

After they resolved my resolv.conf DNS resolution issues prohibiting me from being able to install security patches or even wget or install single packages, heck, it wouldn't even let me get a server installed.....I now have one server "installed" (no plugins or custom files)....and am going to do the rest of what I need to do tomorrow.  Been dealing with this since around 2pm today....and right now, 9 hours later, I am a bit frazzled.

I am sorry the servers aren't up for this weekend....I will be working diligently to get them up and running as soon as possible.  I appreciate everyone's patience.

Nick-ka-ka

I have like 1 - 2 GB *PER* fucking server to upload.....*sigh* ....not pretty....seven servers?  *bigger sigh* 

-pats your shoulders- No need to rush old man. Take it one step at a time. Use a walker if you need to.

Ouch, I was wondering where the hell the servers went to last night.

This really sucks man, now we got to wait...and wait...and wait... and wait til Smack get's things back up

Nick-ka-ka

-UPDATED-

-UPDATED-

-UPDATED-

-UPDATED-

Every time I saw one of these, I was all like

tumblr_lfnrzzbxXZ1qb50vqo1_400.png