SmackDaddy

4th Year Anniversary

SmackDaddy

Next weekend, we'll be having an event filled weekend to celebrate our 4th Year Anniversay of our community. I will expand on this post more and post (hopefully) a schedule of events and what we'll be doing AND GIVING AWAY....of this event.

This will be occuring on next weekend: 27, 28 and 29 October 2012!!!!!

Keep posted to this thread for updates, news and info!

SmackDaddy

And if you want to see the Critfest.com community name spread across EVERY VALVE CONNECTION.....the ring is on sale, and we already have $30 toward the $50 to buy a ring and make this happen. Make your donation SOON!!!!!!! This sale price could end soooonnnnnnnn!!!! Let's spread the critfest name across the globe!!!!!!!!

Would it be self gratutious? Yes.......I would buy it if I could afford it! LMFAO........but, if you all want to see our community spread all over the entire valve network of TF2 servers -- EVERY FLIPPIN SERVER......then know we have 3/5ths the amount for the ring.

Nanakisan is already working on getting the creator of the Team Fortress gameplay mode for QUAKE to actually play in our server for our anniversary.......HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if he only connected for a moment, that would be awesome for this geeky group of gamers who simply play to be in an environment where everyone accepts everyone. Shiny happy people and gloomy life sucks people.......who are we to judge, eh? This whole gaming experience is meant you make you feel a part of a greater multi-player environment, whether you suck or not.....not some elitist haven for trolls. THAT is why Skies and I started Lil'Rascals, which became the MAD Clan, which then turned into the Critfest community (an inherited legacy). A safe-haven for you -- even if you suck at TF2. It's about having fun and discarding the turds! Right? Am I right? I know I'm right.....

Wouldnt we have to increase server size for this? I mean, on a normal DAN we ussually almost fill or completely fill the server. I think we might need to think about making the server bigger for maybe only that day, or something of the like.

I'm with cortana on this one. If it means temporarily shutting down one of our 4 other servers to allow a 32 player server. It seems reasonable. Maybe close 4 and set two admins to 2 and 3 each with a selection of things to raffle off aswell incase the main server gets full other players will still get some of the action!

Also

I wanted to tell you guys. I think i timed my email right last night as it must be obvious robin didn't come in. Anyway there was a reason i sorta panicked when i was told the event wasn't for today. You see robin was going to visit our server after having a night out with his wife at the movies. He did politely say that he may not show up. So i think my new email might make things easier on him...i just hope he didn't get annoyed by my last one. I've been trying my hardest not to sound like a suck up and tried to remain professional with him. While also being respectful.

Anyway i've yet to get an answer so its not official yet. But i want to tel lyou guys something. I didn't do this for fame in the group or for people to call me a internet legend yadda yadda. no i did it for the community as my way of saying thank you for letting me be here for 1 year.

Dark_Novak

About the Ring thing, I believe I have one I could get to you at a discounted price... Items though, not regular money.

SmackDaddy

About the Ring thing, I believe I have one I could get to you at a discounted price... Items though, not regular money.

Depends on the cost.....how much?

I'm with cortana on this one. If it means temporarily shutting down one of our 4 other servers to allow a 32 player server. It seems reasonable. Maybe close 4 and set two admins to 2 and 3 each with a selection of things to raffle off aswell incase the main server gets full other players will still get some of the action!

Also

I wanted to tell you guys. I think i timed my email right last night as it must be obvious robin didn't come in. Anyway there was a reason i sorta panicked when i was told the event wasn't for today. You see robin was going to visit our server after having a night out with his wife at the movies. He did politely say that he may not show up. So i think my new email might make things easier on him...i just hope he didn't get annoyed by my last one. I've been trying my hardest not to sound like a suck up and tried to remain professional with him. While also being respectful.

Anyway i've yet to get an answer so its not official yet. But i want to tel lyou guys something. I didn't do this for fame in the group or for people to call me a internet legend yadda yadda. no i did it for the community as my way of saying thank you for letting me be here for 1 year.

i feel like temp sutting down server 2 would be better. server 4 has all the crit fun without the wait. in my opinion it would be a better place.

Dark_Novak

Well, I'm not sure about that AJ... Meanwhile it's no wait, I feel like that may harbor a lot of rage on any snipers or spies or engis or another rage class.

Well, I'm not sure about that AJ... Meanwhile it's no wait, I feel like that may harbor a lot of rage on any snipers or spies or engis or another rage class.

sure ppl rage classes but still it's one of the most common servers.

Dark_Novak

Well, another idea for the money we got for the ring is we buy the gift pack that gives items to everyone in the server? Yay or nay?

Nick-ka-ka

Well, another idea for the money we got for the ring is we buy the gift pack that gives items to everyone in the server? Yay or nay?

I say a yay. It would be that little boost of sunshine that can help everyone get real excited during the event. You could also make it into a sub-event as well.

Nick-ka-ka

Which is why I suggest to make it a sub-event. What it may be, I do not know. But maybe one or two of them as a 'special surprise' to build hype would still be an idea. Perhaps the event would be the ultimate feat of domination of the smackdaddy. Since it has been damn near impossible, if someone can do it, then the whole server is rewarded.

ShotgunFiend

Are these going to be all day events, or just afternoon-evening-nights-andthenintomorning things like usual. I mean I know we should all be in the servers 24/7 for the weekend, but are the main events only going to be when SmackDiddy and Skois are on?

SmackDaddy

That's currently something Skies and I are discussing and trying to figure out.

Also, Nanakisan.....any further word on your contact with the creator of TF2?