SmackDaddy

New Forums Online...

far.Skies ♡

Monkey, I dunno what happened in the Vbulletin conversion.....but I think I fixed it for the new registrants.  If you are getting emails about topics, then you will need to go to your profile, then click "Modify Profile" then "Notifications" -- http://www.themadclan.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=notification

Then you can click the blank check mark box (the one above all the topics - it's a "select all") then scroll to the bottom of the topics and click "UNNOTIFY"......do this for all the topics and this will be resolved.

I apologize as it was a vbulletin conversion issue....and not something I turned on.....actually, I did my best to try and reset all notifications and turn them OFF for everyone....but it didn't overwrite the converted post notifications that were already there.

Hope that made sense.

Yep Monkey, even *I* had to click each one and select to not be notified. *le sigh* I wouldn't say is was a "smooth" transition from the other forum... but it could have been worse.

SmackDaddy

Ok, another forum update:

1.  Skies has modified the topic icons again (when you look at the forum and threads in the forum)....you will notice it's more customized and the link icons for the stats and bans are now "Teleporter" icons....and "Sticky" threads now have "Sticky Nade" icons.....she's put a lot of time and effort into these customizations, so hopefully you folks see that.  She's trying to get the theme to be a "one of a kind" theme just for us and make it as professional as possible.  (Sorry....I just think she's done an OUTSTANDING job helping me customize the forums and I had to let folks know).

2.  Avatars have been added for you all to use.  If you go to your profile, then click "Modify Profile" then "Forum Profile" then click "Choose Avatar from Gallery"......hope you like the additions.

As always, I am sure there will be more to follow.....

far.Skies ♡

:tf2_08: Thank you! :D

I still need to edit the smiley codes... but other than that I think it's pretty much done.

I am open to creative suggestions and ideas as well (in regards to the forum theme)...

SmackDaddy

UPDATE:  The New Member application output has been fixed.....so we'll be able to see what their favorite classes are instead of the code {class}

far.Skies ♡

Yes I thought the stickies and the teleporters were very clever! :tf2_08:

Thank you, it was a spur of the moment idea... I think it worked out really well. :D

SmackDaddy

UPDATE:

A couple BBC codes have been added to the forums for you to use (but do *NOT* abuse them please):

1. Spoiler (SP button)

Example:

Ozma is a Pterodactyl

2. Dotted Underline (D button)

Example:  [dot]Dotted Underline[/dot]

3. Blink (Blinking B button)

Example:  [blink]Blinky Blink[/blink]

And although the following haven't been added but are there, here are their examples:

Strike through: Strike Thru

Glow: [glow=yellow,2,300]My text is glowing!!![/glow]

Shadow: [shadow=red,left]This is a shadow[/shadow]

Marquee: [move]Duh....moving text[/move]

Sup: upper

Sub:  lower

SmackDaddy

UPDATE:

Ok, I am testing out a new addition....but I have added a "Steam" style notification message for when a new post is made or when you get a PM.  Although right now I cannot change it, I may look at the code but currently it will show in the upper right of your screen when it occurs.  Send a PM to a friend or have them send one to you to test it out.  Or just wait and see when it happens.......enjoy.

Is there a way to make the notifications not disappear so quickly when you first come to the site? I had 8 pop up and only time to read a few before they went away.

Well, 5 should be fine when individual ones pop up, but if I don't check the forums for a couple hours there's a ton that pop up, and in that instance 5 seconds isn't enough for all of them... Is there some kind of option for like, none of them disappearing if your mouse is on one of them?

SmackDaddy

Well, 5 should be fine when individual ones pop up, but if I don't check the forums for a couple hours there's a ton that pop up, and in that instance 5 seconds isn't enough for all of them... Is there some kind of option for like, none of them disappearing if your mouse is on one of them?

I'll either look at the code or check with the mod creator to see if I can modify it to do that.....

SmackDaddy

UPDATE:

Ok, I am testing out a new addition....but I have added a "Steam" style notification message for when a new post is made or when you get a PM.  Although right now I cannot change it, I may look at the code but currently it will show in the upper right of your screen when it occurs.  Send a PM to a friend or have them send one to you to test it out.  Or just wait and see when it happens.......enjoy.

enotify removed.  Can't get it to function the way we'd like it, and it's causing some issues behind the scenes in the admin control panel.  Sorry if ya liked it.......not gonna work.