SmackDaddy

New Forums Online...

SmackDaddy

Ok, we'll be using SMF Forums now instead of VBulletin....

Sorry for the downtime....someone reported our expired license and got the site taken down for two days.  Ah well, such is life for us and those who want to give us problems, but we'll keep coming back, and each time, better than ever.....so whatever.  Moving on from this......

BE PATIENT:  we've got a *LOT* of updating to do for those things we had in the old forums (i.e. smilies, forum theme, membership application, etc.) -- all we ask is you be patient during this transition, m'kay?  K'thx. 

i love the upgrade. looks so fancy and awesome ;)

futuristic:D

Edit: gonna be a while to get use to though

SmackDaddy

Thanks for the replies.

And its better than paying $200 for the vBulletin licence too. Especially since you guys always seem to be strapped for cash.

Indeed.  We already had the license however, and.....I never expected to be unemployed (surprise!) and also didn't think someone would go so far as to report us for using an expired license, but.....ah well, here we are, and we'll make sure everything is brought up to speed and put to good use!

2rf7j20.png

Looks like the admins are going to have a hard time choosing what to vote on applications ;)

SmackDaddy

2rf7j20.png

Looks like the admins are going to have a hard time choosing what to vote on applications ;)

Yeah, those were custom forms.....it's one area I got to really work on to make a new form section for new applicants.....old ones, we will have to manually vote and tally.... *shrugs*

Guest Lil Monkey Head

these new forums confuse me i hope we got a top menu button called new posts back soon cause i dont see what posts are new in here. and the smilies too :D

also thanks for gettin it back.

SmackDaddy

these new forums confuse me i hope we got a top menu button called new posts back soon cause i dont see what posts are new in here. and the smilies too :D

also thanks for gettin it back.

http://www.themadclan.com/forum/index.php?action=unread  (it's at the top called "Unread Posts since last visit")

And the smilies are coming......skies has been very busy....  :P

WOW, I dig the theme. But make every other post a different color please... A bit hard to skim.

SmackDaddy

WOW, I dig the theme. But make every other post a different color please... A bit hard to skim.

Yeah, workin on that too.....

Venus Spy Trap

i like it too.will take a bit to get used to, but i like how this one looks better than the old one

Yeah I like it, however is there a way to take the box that says, Hey Cheezy off? If that's possible k'thx'so'much'you're'my'hero'smack

SmackDaddy

Yeah I like it, however is there a way to take the box that says, Hey Cheezy off? If that's possible k'thx'so'much'you're'my'hero'smack

That's the "standard SMF greeting"........what would you rather it say?  I mean, I am not editing tons of stuff for that, but I'll hear ya out.  :D

SmackDaddy

I guess I am your hero now.....I made it so it now says "Sup, Cheezy".....  :D

@Everyone:  Currently, Skies is working on custom forum icons and smilies......so you should see some changes over the next day or so....thanks for your patience.

And if you are having a little trouble adjusting to the new layout/forums, there is "Help" available:  CLICK ME FOR HELP!!!

SmackDaddy

Ok, a couple update for everyone......

1.  Skies' hard work is paying off......there are several new icons that have been added (showing new posts, hot topics, etc.)

2.  She has gotten the smilies converted over.  Although there is still some work to do, the smilies are back.....be patient as the kinks are being ironed out. 

3.  Colors of Member Groups have been changed to be more readable when you look at who's online.

4.  MemberGroups are now joinable.  If want access, or feel you should have access to a specific member group, go to your profile and click "Modify Profile" and then click "Group Memberships".  Give a reason as to why you should have access and one of the admins will approve or disapprove it and you'll receive an email either way.

5.  There is now a new "Spoiler tag" which has been added for folks to use.  It's the "SP" button when you make a topic/reply.  To use it you can either manually type the tags or press the button and then type the text which will be "hidden" until someone chooses to see it.  It's good for things like revealing show or movie endings without pissing folks off.....or adding a link which may not be safe for work and making sure there is a warning prior to posting it......an example is below:

You just got served n00b!

(and yes, I know "hidden" is misspelled - gonna track down the mod author's misspelling)

Hope ya'll like the updates.....and as anything else is added, I'll post about it.....

Guest Lil Monkey Head

regarding notifications. i've been getting emails about each post on every thread i have commented on. i looked inside the account settings there is no way to to completely to turn these off unless i check each thread saying not to notify me about it..

my email has already like 30 msgs from different threads regarding this.. i just deleted them all..

i didnt get notified on the previous forums from this. and i dont want it from this one either lol.

SmackDaddy

Monkey, I dunno what happened in the Vbulletin conversion.....but I think I fixed it for the new registrants.  If you are getting emails about topics, then you will need to go to your profile, then click "Modify Profile" then "Notifications" -- http://www.themadclan.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=notification

Then you can click the blank check mark box (the one above all the topics - it's a "select all") then scroll to the bottom of the topics and click "UNNOTIFY"......do this for all the topics and this will be resolved.

I apologize as it was a vbulletin conversion issue....and not something I turned on.....actually, I did my best to try and reset all notifications and turn them OFF for everyone....but it didn't overwrite the converted post notifications that were already there.

Hope that made sense.