Booie

THE THANK YOU THREAD!!!

Just wanted to stop and say Thank You to Smackdaddy and Ms. Skies for all the hard work, time, and dedication that has been put into this Clan and Community.These two have made a huge impact and an outstanding gaming experience for almost everyone who has played on our servers and been a part of our community. Whether it be general gaming skills, software issues, technical problems, real life problems, or just having a bad day, these two have always been there to bring excitement and off-the-wall laughter to the table.Without these two, TF2 would probably not be the same. Please stop in and take a quick moment to thank them for the wonderful experience that they have provided, and are continuing to improve on every day.This is NOT the place to post negative comments, spam, or arguments!

Guest lope234

Thank you Smack and Skies for being the best of the best, and by making, by far, the most enjoyable servers I have ever played on. Not to suck up or anything, but you make tf2 far more fun and exciting! All the in game awesomeness to the real life caring personalities that both of you share. Really, it's an honor to be a part of this great and amazing clan you two have founded ^ ^

Guest Lil Monkey Head

thank you skies and smack. not only have you two made my gaming experience very enjoyable but it also feels like i am apart of a family and i enjoy it very much. i know if i need someone. you will be there for me. and that plays a role in my life.

Thanks to Smack as almost being a father figure and Skies to being a great sister figure. I give thanks to you guys for giving me an awesome community to be apart of and help grow!

Thanks to Smack for being awesome and a great leader.Thanks to Skies for being awesome and a great leader(also for showing me that girls play video games :rockout: )

Guest Starbuck
thank you skies and smack. not only have you two made my gaming experience very enjoyable but it also feels like i am apart of a family and i enjoy it very much. i know if i need someone. you will be there for me. and that plays a role in my life.
I agree Monkey, they do make us feel like Family :DIn the short time I have been here I have never felt more at home at any server then this one! The people are great and the atmosphere is always fun!I can't thank you both enough for deciding to go with the 35% crits (Skies is a genious!) and for all the work you both have done in running these forums and the servers, hosting events and making everyone feel welcome :DLong Live MAD :cheer:

The two of you i cant thank enough, when i got back to steam and started TF2 again you were the first real clan i met which actaully wasnt full of dickheads, you two have to be the best clan leaders ive ever met and i thank you so much for the servers! :cheer:

SmackDaddy

Wow....thank you for the thank yous....it's definitely made my day, and we couldn't do any of this without the awesome community that is MAD....you all are great and we thank you as well! MAD wouldn't be MAD without all of you wonderful folks!I wanted to say I also received a couple "thank you's" in IM recently and that was very nice too. I was going to reply after skies had replied but her firefox has gone fubar on her twice now, so, she'll be replying soon herself....and I didn't want to wait any longer... ;)I dunno what else to say....I wasn't expecting a thread like this booie....thanks for thinking of us!!!! :cheer:

far.Skies ♡

I am genuinely touched, all of these wonderful thank you’s have brought a tear to my eyes. We have come a long way, and believe it or not, many moons ago Smack and Ms.Skies (Far_Skie back then) weren’t always so blessed as to have all of you fine people complementing us in such ways. There was a time before MAD, and man was it hard time. The first clan I was ever in was Penguin Doom Squad {pDs}, they didn’t particularly care for Smack or I. The clan already had a lady gamer/couple and when I came along she felt that I had stolen her thunder, it made us very unpopular to her and her husband (and others eventually) they two were fairly respected in the clan. Eventually we had become ostracized from the clan and left under our own volition. Then there was Your Mom’s Crit Fest [cf]… Smack and I were stripped of our admin positions under false claims that we had been breaking the rules. They never gave us any warnings and they never told us what rules we broke. That was a messy end. We ended up staying friends with one of the founders, Your Mom, who actually started redirecting people to our servers after his went under. We thought that was very nice of him. Burn Shit Monday [bSM] was another one; we followed our friend iPood there, someone we met at CF. They were douchier than DDR and racist beyond belief. We withdrew our membership. Double Dead Redux [DDR]… I believe this one speaks for itself… and SinfulKillerS came right after them. Not all of them were all bad, we had GREAT times at pDs and cf, but something always felt like it was missing, we never really felt “accepted” anywhere. After Crit Fest we decided that some day we were going to run our own clan the way we wanted to run one; the way we knew a clan should be run. We had no idea, however, how big of a success we would be or what kind of impact we were going to be making on the TF2 community. During sKs we decided it was time, we were going to run a server… but not just any server, OUR server. This was something very special and close to our hearts. There were complications with running a server for the clan we were in, permission to run the server the way we wanted to run it was denied. Our minds were made been made up, however, we were going to be running a server. We now faced a new dilemma, we knew that if we were going to be running a server we wanted it to be a part of a community, but we had no community… our dream of founding a community was about to be realized. The first thing we needed to do was mod the server, we knew that we didn’t want 100%, but we really didn’t want vanilla either, Smack decided to set it to 50% crits. It was too much though, having it on 50 you might as well have set it to 100%, just too many crits. I suggested we try 35% and see what happens, Smack wasn’t fond of the idea, but after a while of not having any better suggestions he finally conceded. He ended up really liking and stating that “we had found something” right after we got done with our 35% crits test run. lol. We knew we didn’t want RTD, but we knew we wanted something different and through time server #1 has become what it is today. When it came to our community, we knew we wanted to attract likeminded people and we knew that we wanted to limit the trolls without making a whole bunch of stupid rules that limited the fun. So we started with something simple: “Don’t be a dick” Short and sweet, it covered a lot of bases. With a continually growing community, we’ve had to build upon the rules since, but “don’t be a dick” has stayed with us and has served us well. Our goal was to create an environment where in people could always count on having fun. We wanted to create something new and different, something we all could be proud of. With your words you all have established our hard work and have made all of the time and energy we have put into this community worthwhile. I know that it’s just a game, but ones gaming experience is only as good as the people one shares it with… all I know is that YOU ALL have given ME the best time I’ve ever had playing TF2 and I am proud to share it with you, if feels good to know that you feel the same. Thank you ALL for your support, it means a great deal to us.love,Ms.Skies/speech :twitch:

Venus Spy Trap

thanks so much! because of your friendly gaming mindsets i feel part of a gaming comminity finally!!!

Guest Starbuck

I wanted to say another Thank You to Smack and Skies....I appreciate all the things you do for this clan and feel I am a part of something great xD You have both made MAD what it is today and only good things are to come for thins Clan :rockout:

This has been the best online community I have been a part of. I'd like to emphasize on the freedom combined with fairness that the admins provide, I know I got pissy at pig once, but now he's on my friends list and everything has smoothed out. I like the groups of people we get on the server, and with said fairness it makes it easier for everyone to get together and interact without too much opinionative drama and bullshit.

"The world is my country, it's people my brethren, and to do good my religion" ~Offshot of a Thomas Paine quote, but one I hope everyone can realize one day

this was the first server i fav. ever since they ported tf2 to mac and thank god if not i would be playing with a bunch of tight wads who have sticks up their asses and have no fun at all. thank you smack and skies for even making this server not to mention making it worth my time in every way  :tf2_08: :tf2_08:

Out of all the server clans I have ever joined (5e, AO, Fug) this one is by far the most fun clan, not just for gaming but for the people on the server too, everyone just makes everyone feel welcome.

SmackDaddy

Thank you all for the kind words.  Just wanna make sure we make a COMMUNITY and not just a group of servers with admins who have no personality.......

We value EVERYONE who plays with us regularly, whether you are a MAD member or just a "REGULAR"......thank you for helping us make one of the best damned communities out there. 

I have no doubt, that if one of my clan members needed help, I'd be there for them in "real life" if I could in whatever way I could..........and I know many of you feel the same way........although I have a sneaky suspicion that if I were dying in quicksand, some of you motherfuckers would be hoping I'd die so you could have skies all to yourself.......  *wink*  LMFAO.......

although I have a sneaky suspicion that if I were dying in quicksand, some of you motherfuckers would be hoping I'd die so you could have skies all to yourself.......  *wink*  LMFAO.......

*cough* *cough* Arty.

lol jk

SmackDaddy

I will say this......if any of you ever find yourself in the Ohio area and need help or a place to crash....all you gotta do is ask.  Monkey knows this..we were gonna hook him up if he ever got out of his god-awful family living conditions.  We might only have a couch........but shit, it's better than being homeless right? 

The Overseer

And that is a comforting thought. :squint:

I really do love this clan.  Smack and Skies... you two are amazing, undoubtedly.  Not only is gaming with this clan more fun than it was for me before, but just talking and being able to be friends with the people in this community is wonderful.

I can't thank the two of you enough for keeping this clan going. :P