Welcome to The CritFest Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Server Update - 19 Jun 17

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Ok, so....Server 1 is back up and running in case you weren't aware (or missed this weekend's events).  

1. Saysounds *should* be working now -- but I need to tweak the config to be sure we have the latest saysounds to use on the server. If a file/saysound appears to be missing, please let me or Skies know!  If you are a current donor and they aren't working for you or your intro sound isn't playing, please let us know.  

2. Nades should be working now as well, however there are some errors with the plugin on the back end (error msgs in the logs and the occasional server crash may occur).  I have a coder lined up to be able to fix it (gonna cost some cash but it'll be worth it) but due to jury duty, he can't begin work on it until 1 July.  In the meantime, if there's any ideas you have for the nade mod, please reply to this post so I can annotate it and if it's "do-able", will ask the coder to implement.  When we get this mod fixed, it won't be released publicly and we'll be the only server with it.  :)  And since the Fast Download issue has been resolved, there shouldn't be anyone getting "ERROR" models anymore.  If someone is, chances are they have downloads disabled in their settings.

3. Reserved slots should be operational - if you are an admin or donor and it doesn't let you connect on a full server, be sure to let myself or Skies know ASAP.

4. AFK plugin should be working properly now.  Let us know if it's still moving people too quickly -- it shouldn't move you to spectator until you've been AFK for 2 mins but it will give you a 30 second warning before it does.

5.  If there is anything else that is not working or is missing (i.e. a plugin, a map, etc)...be sure to let us know!  I will be working to tweak things on the backend to be sure we're running things just like old times!  :D 

6. Stats are back!!! -->  http://critfest.gameme.com/

Edited by SmackDaddy
6 people like this

Posted

Awesome Smack, great work on the back end! ♥♥ *giggity giggity*

As several pointed out last night and Friday, the heavy and demo nades give you 5pts for each stick of dynamite, so when you kill a building instead of getting 5pts, you get 25pts. They also do an insane amount of damage and kill fully repaired buildings without fail, it's too overpowered, there's no way to counter it unless pick your gun up and move it before they explode. If none of this can be fixed I think we need to switch out the nade for something else, I think it's very unbalanced at the moment and is interfering with game play.

1 person likes this

Posted

Updated OP.  Added Stats being back.

1 person likes this

Posted

You guys could use my ts if you wanted to, its 20 slots and can update if needed. We usually have max 5-6 on at a time. Let me know

Posted

You guys could use my ts if you wanted to, its 20 slots and can update if needed. We usually have max 5-6 on at a time. Let me know

Thanks Iceman -- we actually have ditched our mumble server and have a discord server now.  Much better....