Welcome to The CritFest Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

How to use "say_sounds" (for donors and admins)

308 posts in this topic

Posted

as a suggestion we should have something for shots and we should have the chuck testa nope.

Posted

as a suggestion we should have something for shots and we should have the chuck testa nope.

Yeah, we need some drunk admin night ones -- shots, shots, shots, e'rybody!

(trying to work on some new files atm.....thank you all for your patience)

Posted

Updated:

1. Added join sounds for: Chaco, Leroy, Zeus, AJSoukey, Eggo and AwkwardTurtle (if it doesn't play when you join, let me know -- see NOTE 1 below)

2. Added several more say_sounds and alphabetized the list in-game (and will keep it alphabetized in the future - the list in the OP, is going to stay the same and I will just add new sounds to it at the bottom)

3: If your name is not listed -- your sound file was un-useable for some reason or another or I cannot find the sound file you wanted me to use (contact me via PM for more info)

4. Derrick, all your file links gave me a 403 - not found error on dropbox

NOTE 1: Files need to be WAV files, mono (not stereo), and need to be under 44,100Hz (the program seems to prefer 22,050Hz)

Posted

AWESOME!!

did you just did join in sounds or some sound clips

Posted

AWESOME!!

did you just did join in sounds or some sound clips

See #1 and #2 in my post above yours

Posted

YAY! Thank you. i guess i didnt see the updated list

Posted

Ok i believe i raised the volume here

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/91078938/tf2.wav

Posted

Alright, figured I'd add some for Drunk Admin Night

I'm Fucked Up

SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS

Posted

If you guys need any audio work done. Let me know. I'm quite good at abusing audacity to its limits hehehhehe

Posted

Mixed way down to mono at 22,050Hz 16 bit cut to 12 sec WAV. :77:

Hells Intro

HR

hellraiser_intro2.wav

Posted

Updated:

1. Added join sounds for: Chaco, Leroy, Zeus, AJSoukey, Eggo and AwkwardTurtle (if it doesn't play when you join, let me know -- see NOTE 1 below)

mine does not play when i join

Posted

mine does not play when i join

Actually, it does....I've heard it when you've joined....sometimes, when I join, mine plays, but since I haven't 'completely' connected, I either only hear the end of it, or sometimes not at all.

Posted

Actually, it does....I've heard it when you've joined....sometimes, when I join, mine plays, but since I haven't 'completely' connected, I either only hear the end of it, or sometimes not at all.

weird one yesterday i went to test it out and nibblees said he didnt hear it??

Posted

Might have been a glitch, dunno....which server? I'll look into it tonight or tomorrow.

Posted

Might have been a glitch, dunno....which server? I'll look into it tonight or tomorrow.

it was server 1

Posted

Since I'm a proper donator now, I've got a couple ideas, one as an intro, and one general... I have them made up, but for the life of me I am too drunk right now to get them hosted. :X

WAIT GOT IT

Toy Story: "Gone" (General) - https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/gone.wav?w=43944fe7

Toy Story: "Mrs. Nesbit" (Intro) - https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/mrsnesbit.wav?w=3618cfa7

Posted

Added a couple new sounds.

Metamyth, your links are 403 errors for me.

NOTE: Hellraiser's into sound isn't working. Seems like Eggo and Nanakisan can get these sounds working, can one of you help with his coding/encoding? Thanks.

Posted

sure whats the problems with the files other then the obvious 403's?

Posted

Not sure why they're not working for you, they work for me... I can just send them to you if you want.

Posted

Not sure why they're not working for you, they work for me... I can just send them to you if you want.

Dropbox doesn't automatically backup your files. When you shut the program down or your computer the website loses access to your private cloud.

Posted

Smack i tried re-encoding hellraisers intro using the codec i used for the shots wav.

try now

https://dl-web.dropb....wav?w=1d1e586f

also as a suggestion try simplifying his files name to hellraiserintro or something. it might be, because of the underscore.

Posted

I already rename files when I put them in for saysounds.