Welcome to The CritFest Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Spammers....

37 posts in this topic

Posted

For the time being, new registered users will have to wait for their first posts to be approved until it's determined they aren't spammers......I am trying to work on a better vbulletin solution.....but for the time being, please bear with us while we get rid of these annoying ass-hats.

Posted

Ok, rather than doing some big spam blocking thing, you have to have at least FIVE (5) posts now before you can post links or pics.......this should help without blocking new users or cause them to not be able to post without moderation.Hope this helps.

Posted

Thank you for this useful post smack!

Posted

Ok, so I had to take it to the next level. For those new "Registered Users" who have less than 5 posts, they will not be allowed to post links or pictures in any thread *AND* their signature.Once a "Registered User" posts 5 times (and we haven't banned them for BS), then they will AUTOMATICALLY be added to the "Registered Members" group which gives them more forum rights.If this doesn't quiet things down, then I'll see about taking it up a notch.

Posted

Sweet. Be nice to see the spam gone.

Posted

Yeah, it fucking pisses me off when new posts are about some random shit lol.

Posted

good work smack

Posted

Is there any way to remove the alphanumerical verification for people with X number of posts? It makes it hard for me to post on Ipod, takes a surprisingly long time to post.

Posted

Is there any way to remove the alphanumerical verification for people with X number of posts? It makes it hard for me to post on Ipod' date=' takes a surprisingly long time to post.[/quote']You have loads of posts, wouldn't hink you have to "verify" anything....where do you have to do this, and is anyone else having this issue?

Posted

yeah every time i post i have to go through the security check (enter the letter and numbers on the right)

Posted

I will fix that....thanks for letting me know, I wasn't aware.

Posted

Ok, I think I've fixed that....I wasn't aware I had that turned on (Administrators obviously are exempt from that)......my apologies. Let me know either way.....thanks.

Posted

yeah i don't have to go through it anymore

Posted

yeah i don't have to go through it anymore
Awesome. Thanks for letting me know.....especially when I wasn't aware folks were having to go through an extra step just to post.

Posted

I'm not sure if there is a module already coded for vBulletin, but hash cashes seem to work pretty well. It basically relies on reverse engineering parts of a SHA-1 summary (which is CPU intensive), and since most robots don't run javascript they will always fail (and ones that try to will be massively slowed down having to calculate them) and a captcha only has to be presented if javascript isn't available.

Posted

We need a spam team just like 2 or 3 people who usually check the forum

Posted

I can do that. I check too much lol, I did it with sKs and I do it here.

Posted

I can do that. I check too much lol' date=' I did it with sKs and I do it here.[/quote']lol im with you on that one too man. im here alot as well. its even sadly my homepage lol

Posted

Same lol. The patheticness is overwhelming lmao.

Posted

lol im with you on that one too man. im here alot as well. its even sadly my homepage lol
same its my web page and i usualy check it 2 times an hour

Posted

I'm OCD about it, if I'm not inGame I'll check in every few minutes.

Posted

Well, as you can see, since i don't have a job.....I am able to say "FUCK YOU" to the spammers. Keep it coming retards, I ain't got nothin but time.........

Posted

Well' date=' as you can see, since i don't have a job.....I am able to say "FUCK YOU" to the spammers. Keep it coming retards, I ain't got nothin but time.........[/quote']OOrah smack.

Posted

I say we should get a spam team so that a 1-2 people who want to do something but arent admins on the server could do this and approve stuff. The bigger the forum gets the bigger the spam protection group gets

Posted

I say we should get a spam team so that a 1-2 people who want to do something but arent admins on the server could do this and approve stuff. The bigger the forum gets the bigger the spam protection group gets
THank you for this and I may just make a group for spam fighting......