Welcome to The CritFest Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

How to use your "Reserved Slot"...

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

For those of you with Reserved Slots (all admins and donators), you can get into our server when it's full by doing the following.....

1. If the server is full and won't let you connect, open TF2 and bring up your console (usually the "~" key)

2. If trying to connect to Server #1 (35% crits), type: "connect 216.231.130.121:27015" or "connect tf2.critfest.com:27015"

3. If trying to connect to Server #2 (Stock rotation), type: "connect 216.231.130.121:27016" or "connect tf2.critfest.com:27016"

4. If trying to connect to Server #3 (Freak Fortess 2), type: "connect 216.231.130.121:27017" or "connect tf2.critfest.com:27017"

5. If trying to connect to Server #4 (100% crit low grav), type: "connect 216.231.130.121:27018" or "connect tf2.critfest.com:27018"

6. If trying to connect to Server #5 (100% crit arena), type: "connect 216.231.130.121:27019" or "connect tf2.critfest.com:27019"

7. If trying to connect to Server #6 (Pyro dodgeball), type: "connect 216.231.130.122:27015" or "connect cf.critfest.com:27015"

8. If trying to connect to Server #7 (Snipers only), type: "connect 216.231.130.122:27016" or "connect cf.critfest.com:27016"

And unless the server is full of "Reserved" players, you should be able to connect, and it will boot a non-admin or non-reserved player so you can join.

Enjoy.

Edited by SmackDaddy
IPs Updated

Posted

my old clan had a reserved slot system, although instead of booting ppl they just added a donator above their max slot. So when you look at their info on the "find server" thingy is said 33/32 players. instead of booting perhaps we could be nice to non donating broke fuckers like me, and not boot em' for not being as rich as some.

Posted

oh no skeletor might wanna donate as fast as possible. he has a thing for being the one kicked from the servers for donators.

Posted

oh no skeletor might wanna donate as fast as possible. he has a thing for being the one kicked from the servers for donators.

Ditto here.  I've gotten kicked 5 times in the last 4 days.

Posted

i watched skeletor get kicked 10 times in a row before we decided to go to another server. he was kicked for a reserved slot that wasnt being used and wasnt being filled.

Posted

Ditto here.  I've gotten kicked 5 times in the last 4 days.

It happens......donors and admins get priority when the server is full.  It doesn't pick specific folks, and sucks when it happens more than once......but if you donate, that would keep it from being an issue.......

Posted

i know i'm sorry about that i shall try to be more precise with my posts from now on.

Posted

no heroes has a completely different kicking system. they warn you before a kick and give you a option of being moved to another server prior of the kick. by pressing f3.

Posted

this was before they implemented that

Posted

this isn't working for me. either I am not listed as a donor or there's something not working. I know when I tried earlier today that there were a bunch of non-members on the server.

Posted

this isn't working for me. either I am not listed as a donor or there's something not working. I know when I tried earlier today that there were a bunch of non-members on the server.

i just checked the reserved slot list.. your donor status ended may 2010.

if you wish to donate again it will be $5 a month or $10 for 3 months.

Posted

OIC

Posted

ITS A SCAM! You lured me in with your fun server, intelligent, and friendly members! Now you kick me out every night and say if i donate i get a reserved slot. Im on to you!

lol j/k ive been kicked like 10 times in the last 4 days though so you've got me thinking about donating. I'll have to wait til im not broke though. ;)

Posted

Reserved Slot IPs updated in Original Post.

Posted

I have been getting a lot of messages like "Hey, I got a reserved slot but it still tells me it's full" -- this is the thread folks need to know if you have a reserved slot......I will simply refer you to the forums if you ask me as I spend time to keep this thread updated for you......

Also, the reserved slot IPs updated in original post.

Posted

Thank you smack for changing the command.

Still think your comment was funny.

"You did the right thing and the wrong thing. LMFAO"

Posted

For the time being -- when trying to connect with your reserved slot.....instead of the domain listed in the original post.....use the IP address. So, try:

Server 1 - connect 216.231.130.121:27015

Server 2 - connect 216.231.130.121:27016

Server 3 - connect 216.231.130.121:27017

Server 4 - connect 216.231.130.121:27018

Server 5 - connect 216.231.130.122:27015

I am not sure if the reserved slot plugin is still broken or just doesn't like the use of the URL instead of IP.........keep me posted -- but we're still waiting for the devs to fix the original extension we've been using for 4 years now. *sigh*

Posted

Connect IPs/Server list updated.