Welcome to The CritFest Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Regarding Monkey

35 posts in this topic

Posted

Our ex Captain, Monkey, seems to be spreading some lies about us to some of the admins and clan members. Some of what he is saying is BASED on true events, but he has changed the story.

Some of you may or may not know why Monkey was demoted. He was caught on a demo asking an 8 year old child if he liked "vanilla ice cream" on his face, and then he subsequently abused his admin powers on that kid for no other reason than because he was an innocent kid. The poor kid didn't even understand that what Monkey was saying was a sexual reference. Age discrimination on top of highly inappropriate conduct with a minor (the demo can be found here: http://www.themadclan.com/forum/index.php?topic=2256.0)

This was not the first offense Monkey had perpetrated. We have gotten countless complaints throughout the entirety of his admins position regarding the abuse of his privileges, we would talk with him, once we even had to modified his privileges and removed his "slay" commands. It has always been hard to punish Monkey because he used to be very well respected. What set current events in motion was a couple of months ago he asked for admin powers on his spare account so that he could oversee the server and see how people were acting when admins weren't around. The way he explained it to me, he was going to just be in the server, gaming like everyone else and watching. He ended up trolling members, regulars and newbies to try and get a rise out of them and after he did, he banned them. I had to over turn those 2 bans and apologize to them. Monkey got reprimanded of course and was warned that another big offense may result in the removal or modification of his admin privileges.

After the demo was posted of this more recent occurrence and the admins got to watch it, a vote was put up between the Captains, myself and Smack; the vote was unanimous to demote Monkey for what he had done, as we saw no improvement in his behavior. Before I even told Monkey of the decision he already had his "resignation" from the clan typed and clicked "submit" right after I IM'd him the results. He said that if he couldn't have admin, he wasn't going to be a part of the clan at all.

In the posts he made after his demotion and before his recent forum ban, he painted a picture of a man who spent every available moment on the servers, donated every chance he got, a man who had done NOTHING to deserve the punishment... but that is just not so. A lot of his hours played were spent in an idle server. Yes, he donated a couple of times, and he ran his own server and did what he wanted to with that, named it after MAD out of love for us. But if the clan was like a family to him and he loved us as much as he claimed, why would he be trying to hurt us? I do believe he posted what he did in his resignation thread so that he could gain sympathy and come out smelling like a rose.

People do not get punished for doing nothing, admins do not get demoted for no reason. After Monkey got called out in the threads he made, he couldn't do or say anything but delete his forum account, and for the record, yes, HE deleted it. No one physically removed him from anything, save for his admin position.

Now he is going to clan members and admins and he is smearing our name, telling lies about Smack, PiG and I, telling lies about past events not even half of the community was even here to see. He is trying to get people to leave us. I hope beyond hope that you all have gotten to know Smack and I well enough to not buy into the games he is playing. We love our community and work so hard to provide a fun, fair, welcoming and enjoyable community. No one is being asked not to talk to Monkey, but please, do not take all of his words to heart. I know this because Overseer has shared the IM's Monkey has been sending her, they are heartbreaking and false. I never thought Monkey would be capable of telling these lies, they have come as a shock to ALL of the admins. If Monkey does happen to send you the chat, know that Overseer was acting in the clan's best interest and a lot of her words were said to dig deeper into what Monkey is trying to do.

If any of you have ANY questions feel free to ask, Smack and I are an open book (as always) and want nothing more than to ease your minds.

Posted

Ok

Posted

you know after before i read this i was said for him to go but with this intel im starting to think otherwise.

thank you for the information skies

Posted

Monkey and I always had good relations. He introduced me to the server and the community. Still, small, good deeds don't make up for a lot of wrongs. I recently caught a glimpse of his darker side, it didn't pleased me. I'd be naive to think Monkey can still be part of this family, I'd be naive to think things could be the way they were. He chose his path, and we're not part of the trip.

P.S: Ozma... you're not helping.

Posted

Monkey and I always had good relations. He introduced me to the server and the community. Still, small, good deeds don't make up for a lot of wrongs. I recently caught a glimpse of his darker side, it didn't pleased me. I'd be naive to think Monkey can still be part of this family, I'd be naive to think things could be the way they were. He chose his path, and we're not part of the trip.

P.S: Ozma... you're not helping.

Couldn't Say it Better Blockhead.

& I'l Defenately Keep What has been told in Mind.

Did Monkey Get a Server Ban to Both Servers Btw?

Posted

Yes, he did Erin.

Posted

Allright Good to Know.

Posted

I wasn't very close to Monkey. I don't have extraordinary tales to share. From what I hear, I only have this to say; good riddance. He went to the dark side. However, little did he know that there is no coming back.

Edited because I hate puppies and Ozma (squint)

Posted

i guess i should consider myself lucky that i didn't get the chance to see monkey "in action" as far as i figure time is a commodity far to valuable to waste on a person who abuses their power and decides that its everyone else's fault when they get banned. i do understand hazing and the occasional smite but from the demos monkey took it way to far.

@saber. thats just....weird man.

Posted

I wasn't very close to Monkey. I don't have extraordinary tales to share. From what I hear, I only have this to say; good riddance. He went to the dark side for cookies but learned he was affected by diabetes on the way. However, little did he know that

once_you_go_black.jpg

:squint:......

Posted

Lets Stick to The Topic Guys Please.

This is Serious Since Monkey is on a Spree of Trying to make People Leave Cause of His Lies.

Hope No People Fall for it.

Posted

This is Serious Since Monkey is on a Spree of Trying to make People Leave Cause of His Lies.

that.

Posted

Indeed I agree with this.

Posted

We should send this post to all MAD member in steam, like an announcement. make that an important. so they can read. cuz some people don't like to get on the forum...

Posted

We should send this post to all MAD member in steam, like an announcement. make that an important. so they can read. cuz some people don't like to get on the forum...

I've sent out the link... but the post itself is too long for a Steam announcement.

Posted

What I dont understand as why monkey got this bad. I mean back when I just joined the clan he was a nice guy and all but now he's just changed. I mean we've all had admins abuse us alittle before *cough cough Alex cough* but he just up and muted me cause I was fuckin around alittle like I normally do. I just wish people changed for the better and not the worse...

Posted

To be honest, I would have been happy being talking to him on occasion after he left the clan, but after the lies he started telling me, there really is no point.  I am both annoyed and disappointed; I thought he was a decent friend, I knew he had his problematic traits, but I didn't know to what extent.  I don't want to be friends with someone who can turn around and start saying things like this to others who were his "friends."  I don't want to be friends with someone when I may not be able to tell lies from truth when I speak to him in the future.  I don't want to be friends with someone who is going to try to turn me against people I care for.

I'm sorry it had to turn out like this, but it's for the best.

Posted

To be honest, I would have been happy being talking to him on occasion after he left the clan, but after the lies he started telling me, there really is no point.  I am both annoyed and disappointed; I thought he was a decent friend, I knew he had his problematic traits, but I didn't know to what extent.  I don't want to be friends with someone who can turn around and start saying things like this to others who were his "friends."  I don't want to be friends with someone when I may not be able to tell lies from truth when I speak to him in the future.  I don't want to be friends with someone who is going to try to turn me against people I care for.

I'm sorry it had to turn out like this, but it's for the best.

& i Think That's Your Fullest Right to be Annoyed & Disapointed..I am VERY Disapointed by Monkey.

Looks Like Everyone has his Darker Side.Even when you act Good & Nice & Kind.

He Crossed the Line. That's it, Nothing more.

Posted

Well, all I want to say on this issue, is that Skies posted this to inform folks what's going on.  Too often in the past, we didn't communicate things because we wanted them to just die or not cause drama, but that has bit us in the butt.

Monkey posted his "resignation" AS SOON AS he was demoted (he had it ready to go knowing what the outcome would be)....and this is where any drama started.  Not with us.  We didn't want to smear him, and he was leaving on his own accord.  And let me further add, that due to suggestions from members and admins, we've become even MORE reliant upon our admins for decision making.  There's hardly ever a decision we make about members or actions without consulting our leadership, and i do think the other admins would agree. 

Previously, I am sorry to have seen Monkey leave, but now that I see how he's lying (knowingly or otherwise) and backstabbing us and even hoping the clan dies (or at least Skies and I fail miserably)......that is just getting vindictive, and for this reason I am now happy to say I am glad he's gone.

The only time we've ever had issues with folks being a part of another group/community is when they were a group who was doing something directly or indirectly to harm this community.  It's more than just "a clan".....folks have said it's almost like an online family.....and we gotta protect our family don't we?  I think so.

Anyway....I hope this too passes with little to no drama.....we just want folks to know what's going on.  Be friends with Monkey, don't be.......whatever, that's your choice.....this is just sad. 

Posted

Honestly, I know for a fact he has been sharing a lot of statements about me, and I am not going to get into a name calling fight with the guy, it seems so highschoolish. I am sorry to those who are caught in the middle of being friends with him and the clan. I have been there, I have seen that, it is not fun stuff but this moment will pass and hopefully like smack said it pass quickly with less drama than needed. If any of you have questions about me and or what I have done you can talk to me. I really am not trying to hurt anyone, I am simply just apart of the community. I -WILL- say though, I am happy that I -DID- watch that demo.

Posted

The longer we talk about this the longer it is going to stay a problem. Monkey's gone, it's done and over with.

I'm not saying that this thread was unnecessary, I'm saying it was a good call making this thread because many were completely unaware of what happened with monkey.

Now that the general community is aware of what happened, we need to stop fueling the fire.

The faster we leave this monkey business behind us the better.

Posted

I want to say that I am in agreement with the original post, just to show that it was all of our decision, not just Skies or Smack.

Posted

Monkey was the first MAD member I met besides Overseer, he introduced me to the server and we had many fun times playing together. He was a friend. But like life, sometimes friends have to leave. I have not seen the demo, and do not desire to. I have heard what takes place in it and it disappoints me so much I don't want to see it. Monkey was awesome most of the time I knew him, but like others mentioned he DID have his dark side. Monkey was a good friend to me in the clan, and I will miss him, but what has been done needed to be done. I trust the admins in MAD enough to trust their decisions. Also, stepping on the good name of MAD and it's admins (namely PiG) was unacceptable. I may not be a member but these are just my two cents on the situation being a regular and avid forum reader. I am still sad to see him go, but I realize having him gone was necessary as he would have caused further aggravation and turmoil in the clan.

Posted

This message is for Monkey (and his "spies" can pass this on to him):

Monkey, you have a mental disorder.  You are no better than Sinner.....and you love the drama and attention people give you, even if it's vindictive in nature.  You could have left with dignity, but no, you just may be a pathological liar who is a borderline sociopath....and have to stay behind the scenes causing drama and bullshit against the clan that WELCOMED YOU and LOVED YOU.  Now.......you do this crap?  Grow the hell up Monkey.

Just get on with your life, accept that your "peers" who are MAD Clan Leaders voted you out for your behavior (this wasn't Skies' doing)......and stop with your slander and bullshit.  It's really sad.  I thought you were more mature than this.......but I guess I was wrong.

You have shown a side of you that has surprised a LOT of folks....go away......I'd rather have Stosh as a member and an admin than you any day of the week.  You come across as a nice guy, but you don't get your way and you lash out like a little child.  Maybe I should never have spoken to your dad in a positive light regarding you, but hindsight is 20/20.  I cannot believe I was offering my home to you......I am happy you never came, because shit, if I pissed you off, I might never wake up as you'd slash my throat in the night.  THAT is what you are doing now to this community.  I defended you and supported you against the man who beats your ass because I cared and believed in you.  See what I get?  You shit on my community and spit on skies and my kindness.  If this is how you treat your own family, then your father has ever right to beat some sense into you.....because right now, I wish I could do it myself.....

Posted

Monkey Minions....assemble! 

Kinda funny he is called "DESTRUCTIVE" Monkey....LOL